Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hopefully I won't wake up with horns

Ok... So I've always wanted to start a blog. However, being a full time parent, full time student, and working a full time job it's hard to find the time for much of anything. Luckily, this is actually a requirement for of my online classes. Sweet!


From an early age I've always had a unique taste in music. I guess maybe a little too unique for most people. What is Melodic Death Metal to me, is "Diabolical Music" to some others. I understand that the low guttural screaming is different to most people, but to claim (with a straight face) that Death Metal is of the devil seems a little excessive! I was lucky to have grown up with a dad and step mom that were pretty tolerant of my music. They didn't like it, but were still accepting of the fact that it was just what I was into. In the last week I have been told that by TWO people that my music is "Devil's Music." Funny thing is that they are my mother-in-law and my own biological mother. I didn't realize that people could still be so narrow minded about something like music. Interesting as well is that my mother-in-law and bio. mom are both fans of regeaton, a form of urban music that is popular in Latin America. Regeaton has a reputation of objectifying women that puts Ludacris to shame.  Hmmm...... I guess it's time to fall asleep to the sounds of my "Devil's Music..." Hopefully I won't wake up with horns.

1 comment:

  1. I understand perfectly I use to think the same way, but that is because I never gave it a chanse, but now that I have it is not bad at all, I even I have some favorite bands or more like a band.

    ReplyDelete